MTN FOUNDATION SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY LABORATORY PROJECT
The MTNF Science & Technology Laboratory Project is an initiative of the MTN Foundation, which involved the renovation and equipping of existing laboratories to upgrade them into state‐of‐the‐art Science laboratories. The aim of the project was to improve learning and practical teaching of core science subjects (i.e. Chemistry, Physics and Biology) in public Secondary schools in order to enhance students’ academic performances in these subjects.
A total of 11 beneficiary schools were allocated to us across 3 of the 6 geo-political zones of the country. Deux Project’s responsibility was to provide the following to each of the Secondary Schools:
- Renovation/make‐over works and provision of laboratory furniture
- Supply and installation of modern Science & Technology equipment for each of Physics, Chemistry & Biology
- One full year supply of consumables (materials, chemicals and reagents) to the beneficiary Secondary Schools
- Training of 24 Science Teachers and Laboratory Attendants across all the beneficiary schools
- Supply of 5KVA generator to each beneficiary Secondary School
- Fuel supply to each school for one year.