Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH) Rehabilitation & Upgrade
Deux Project was given the task to rehabilitate and upgrade LASUTH from its then old state into a modern facility that can live up to its name, particularly in pursuit of accreditation by the National Medical & Dental Council. The project entailed massive infrastructure renovation, expansion and upgrade, purchase and installation of state-of-the-art equipment and furniture, construction of new structures, procurement of ambulances and mobile intensive care unit, as well as training of all healthcare personnel including support staff and technicians.
The completion of these projects in 2008 increased the total bed capacity of LASUTH from 520 to 774. Some of the major features of the new look LASUTH include:
- Expanded Main Theatre Complex with 4 Operating Theatres
- Mobile and Suspended X‐ray
- Upgraded and equipped eye clinic
- Expanded Laboratory / Pharmacy / Dispensary
- Newly built BT Wards Complex (3-storey, 144 Beds)
- Newly built BT Pediatrics Complex (3-storey, 110 Beds)
- Fully Renovated Male, Female, Children, and Private Wards
- Upgraded and expanded Surgical Emergency Center with X-ray, Suturing/POP rooms, Minor theater, dedicated waiting area and Ambulance bay
- Upgraded and expanded Medical Emergency Center with modern life saving equipment.
- Expanded Dental Unit with 11 new dental chairs, dental x-ray, seminar rooms and dental theatre